The Home of Baltimore's BettyButterflyBBBW

So much to say...so little space!

Name:
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States

I am a Big, Beautiful, Intelligent, Black, Young Lady from Northwest Baltimore. I am a Harmonic Refined Daughter of the King and a combination Betty and Butterfly BAP. I debuted with Baltimore County Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. in Novemeber, 2005. Also, an Aries and Dragon. Currently a freshwoman at the Texas Christian University. GO FROGS!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The State of Black Funerals

Why is now that when black people die, their funerals become must-see events of the year? Coretta Scott King's funeral is the major black networking event of the year (so far), not a Homegoing celebration. They have Oprah, 4 Presidents of the US, all the black Congressmen (just about), Gladys Knight, Stevie Wonder and other wannabees and major players as well. I hope that I never become so famous, that a SWAT team and a church that seats 10,000 is necessary. I plan to become big, but hopefully my funeral will not be a mockery or a Who's Who of Black America event! Did get to see a portion of my (former) Pastor's head and face yesterday when Andrew Young was talking about King at Ebenezer. That is the first that I have seen him since he left DMCC --> Ebenezer. I wonder how he is holding up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home